One People Law

For a Free Case Evaluation

Orlando Diplomatic Visa Attorneys

Assisting with A-1, A-2 & A-3 Visa Requests & Issues

Are you a government official traveling to the United States for diplomatic relations? If so, you will need to apply for an A-1 or A-2 visa before your trip. Any family members accompanying you will also need a visa. Whether you are applying, renewing, or requesting a change the status, we can help. At One People Law Group, we give personalized attention to each case. No story is the same. You need unique and specific attention to make sure your case is heard.

Who Needs an A-1 or A-2 Visa?

You will need to apply for a diplomatic visa if you are a Head of State or a Head of Government, regardless of your purpose for travel.

You also need to maintain one of these visas if you are a(n):

  • Official or a full-time employee assigned by the government that is traveling to the U.S. to serve at a foreign consulate or embassy
  • Government minister and cabinet member
  • Representative or staff of a representative from the European Union or African Union
  • Immediate family member traveling with a diplomat
  • Foreign military member stationed at a U.S. base
  • Official meeting a written request from your country to come to the U.S. for official, government-related business
  • Foreign military member assigned for a foreign embassy or consulate in the U.S.


This list is not exhaustive, and other foreign parties may be required to hold an A-1 or A-2 visa. A-3 visas are also available for employees and attendants of A-1 and A-2 visa holders.

Renewing Your Diplomatic Visa

If you are currently in the U.S. and need to renew your visa, you will need to collect a lot of documentation and complete a lot of paperwork. The main application form is known as the Form DS- 1648. You will need an embassy, organization, or mission seal on the confirmation page of this application. Travelers with A-3 visas cannot apply for renewal in the U.S.

Changing the Status of Your Visa

Life changes can sometimes require U.S. visitors to change the status of their visa to remain in the United States. If your mission is altered, we can help you make sure you have the proper visa. There is excessive paperwork involved in changing your visa status from the U.S. With our intimate knowledge of immigration law, we may prove an invaluable asset during this time. We are experienced, multilingual, and compassionate.

Reach out to us at (407) 499-5680 today. Our Orlando business visa attorneys are always available for you.

Our services are available in English, Haitian Creole, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Recent Posts


Select your desired One People Law Location Below and fill out the form

Skip to content