One People Law

For a Free Case Evaluation

Orlando Employment-Based Visa Attorneys

Immigration Lawyers for Work Visas in the United States

Immigration is complicated. Even if you are just trying to obtain a visa, the process can be arduous. If you are applying for an employment-based visa, hire a team with both personal and professional experience to help. At One People Law Group, we have a unique, first-hand perspective on this area of law because we are immigrants ourselves. Our personal experience on “the other side” of immigration makes us extremely compassionate and understanding towards our clients. We know that every situation is different, so we make an effort to tailor every case.

Types of Employment Visas in the United States

The American government encourages skilled workers to come to the U.S. if they bring value to the economy. Eligible people can apply for a temporary visa or a permanent visa.

Temporary Employment-Based Visas

Each temporary visa comes with its own time limit. In most cases, temporary workers have very limited ability to change jobs.

The most common temporary visas include:

  • H-1B Visas
    • This visa is commonly issued to foreigners with specialty occupations.
  • H-2B Visas

    • This visa allows seasonal, non-agricultural temporary workers to come to the U.S.
  • H-2A Visas
    • This visa is reserved for temporary agricultural workers that are from certain countries
  • L-1A and L-1B Visas
    • These visas are for employees of foreign companies with U.S. relations and are used when the employee’s services are needed in the United States

Do Temporary Employment Visas Allow for Family Members to Come to the U.S.?

All of the visas listed above allow the immigrant to bring a spouse and any children under the age of 21 to the U.S. If a visa holder is fired from his or her job, this may terminate their status, meaning that they have to return to their home country.

Permanent Employment Visas

To obtain a permanent employment visa:

  1. An employer will need to petition on your behalf – In most cases, the employer needs certification from the Department of Labor to prove that there were no U.S. citizens that were willing, qualified, and able to take the job at an acceptable wage.
  2. After gaining certification, your employer will need to request your permanent worker status with the USCIS. In many cases, immigrants come over as temporary workers and receive an adjustment of status.

Permanent residents are also known as green card holders and can apply for U.S. citizenship after five years.

Contact an Orlando Employment Visa Attorney Today

Whether you are an employer petitioning for a worker or are an immigrant hoping to obtain permanent residency, our Orlando employment-based visa lawyers are available for you. There are many different employment-based visas, each with their own requirements and restrictions. Let a team with a detailed knowledge of immigration law walk you through this process.

Recent Posts


Select your desired One People Law Location Below and fill out the form

Whether you are an employer petitioning for a worker or an immigrant trying to obtain an employment visa, contact One People Law at (407) 499-5680 today. 

Our services are available in English, Haitian Creole, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Skip to content