One People Law

For a Free Case Evaluation

Nonimmigrant Visa Lawyers in Orlando

Helping You Travel to the United States with Ease

Are you planning to travel to the United States for business or pleasure? If you intend to visit for a short amount of time, you may be able to gain access to the country with a non-immigrant visa. These visas show the American government why you are coming into the country and how long you plan to stay.

Whether you are having challenges securing a visa or are already in the U.S. and need to extend your stay or change your visa status, our team is ready to assist. We are intimately familiar with the details of immigration law. Let us look at your specific case and find the right statutes and permissions to help you achieve your goals. At One People Law Group, we speak French, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and English. Our compassionate team is respectful of all cultures and dedicated to finding solutions to your visa complications.

Types of Nonimmigrant Visas

If you are from a country that is not a part of the Visa Waiver Program, you will need a visa to enter the United States. You will need to apply for the visa that correlates with your reason for travel.

The common nonimmigrant visas are:

  • A: For diplomats
  • B: For travelers coming to the U.S. on business or pleasure
  • C: For aliens in transit
  • D: For crewmembers
  • E: For investors and treaty traders
  • F: For students
  • G: For representatives from international organizations
  • H: For temporary workers
  • I: For media representatives
  • M: For students currently at a non-academic institution
  • N: For parents and children of “special immigrants” as categorized by the USCIS
  • O: For foreigners with extraordinary abilities
  • P: For entertainers
  • Q: For participants in cultural exchange programs
  • R: For religious workers
  • TN: For NAFTA professionals

Once you determine the best visa for you, we can gather the necessary forms and make sure you complete them properly. Depending on the type of visa you request, you may need to attend a visa interview at the U.S. consulate in your country and pay filing and processing fees.

Changing the Status of Your Nonimmigrant Visa

You were issued your nonimmigrant visa on the assumption that you would return to your country of origin by the time that the visa expired. If you fail to do this or if a situation arises that requires you to stay longer, you will need representation from an Orlando immigration attorney.

If you want to change your visa status, start the process right away. The USCIS will consider your application if you submit it before your current visa expires, do not change your activity until you receive approval, and have not committed any crimes that would make you ineligible. An experienced One People Law Group advocate can work to simplify the process and seek a favorable outcome on your behalf.

Reach out to us at (407) 499-5680 if you need to change your visa status.

Recent Posts


Select your desired One People Law Location Below and fill out the form

Skip to content