One People Law

Schedule a Consultation Today!

Securing Your Temporary Stay in the US

Specific terms in American immigration laws can sometimes confuse us. This is normal since the list of terms is quite long.

Grasping the difference between the Immigrant Visa and the NON-immigrant Visa is not just crucial. It’s empowering. These terms, frequently used in American immigration laws, can significantly influence your visa application process. Understanding them puts you in control of your immigration journey.

One People Law boasts a team of top-tier immigration visa attorneys in Miami who are skilled in helping you obtain nonimmigrant visas. Their expertise ensures the most suitable visa for you and guides you through the necessary procedures, providing you with the assurance you need for your temporary stay in the US.

What is the NON-immigrant Visa?

American NON-immigrant visas are official documents granted to foreigners who wish to travel to the United States for a limited time to carry out a specific activity.

This means that those who apply for this type of visa do not do so with the intention of staying and living in the United States.

The main difference between nonimmigrant visas and immigrant visas is that nonimmigrant visas are temporary, and immigrant visas can lead to lawful permanent residence in the United States. Both types of visas allow you to stay in the United States for a specific purpose, such as studying, working, or travelling.

Non immigrant Visas Attorney

Obtaining this type of visa can be complex. The U.S. government is cautious when granting it, as it is one way to control illegal immigration to the country. This means that the application process can be lengthy, and even minor errors can result in the rejection of your application. That is why having our nonimmigrant lawyers in Miami by your side is crucial for the approval of your visa.

Types of Nonimmigrant Visas

Within the non-immigrant visas, there are different categories depending on the purpose you have in the country, as established in the US Immigration and Nationality Law.

There are many different types of nonimmigrant visas. Our nonimmigrant visa attorneys in Hialeah will help you process the one that best suits you. The most common are:

  • Student visa (F-1 visa)
  • Exchange Visitor Visa (J-1 Visa)
  • Temporary worker visa (H-1B visa)
  • Tourist visa (B-2 visa)


Here’s a closer look at each one.

Student Visas

If you want to study in the United States, you need a student visa. To obtain a student visa, you must first be accepted into a school in the United States. Once you have been accepted, the school will give you an I-20 form that you will need to apply for your visa. Our visa immigration lawyers in Hialeah will guide you through the application process, helping you gather the necessary documents and prepare for your visa interview.

Exchange Visitor Visas

If you want to participate in a cultural exchange program in the United States, you need an exchange visitor visa. To obtain an exchange visitor visa, you must first be accepted into a program by a designated sponsor. A designated sponsor is an organisation that the United States government has approved to sponsor exchange visitor programs. Once you have been received, the sponsor will give you a Form DS-2019, which you will need to apply for your visa. Our nonimmigrant lawyers in Fort Lauderdale will guide you through the steps to take.

Temporary Worker Visas

If you want to work temporarily in the United States, you need a temporary worker visa. There are many different types of temporary worker visas, each with its requirements. To obtain a temporary worker visa, you must first have a job offer from a US employer. Once you have a job offer, the employer will begin the visa process by filing a petition with the United States government with the help of our visa immigration lawyer in Fort Lauderdale.

Tourist Visas

If you want to travel to the United States for pleasure, you need a tourist visa. To obtain a tourist visa, you must first prove that you have ties to your home country, such as a job, family or property, to which you will return after your trip. These ties are significant as they demonstrate your intention to return home after your visit. Once you have shown this, you will need to complete a visa application and schedule an interview at a US embassy or consulate.

Who Can Apply for a NON-immigrant Visa?

First of all, we must keep in mind that this depends on what category of nonimmigrant visa is being requested, as there are many available.

However, taking into account the available categories, those who apply for these visas are large:

  • Tourists
  • athletes
  • Artists
  • Business visitors
  • Investors
  • Merchants
  • Diplomats/officials of a foreign government
  • Exchange visitors
  • Students or teachers
  • Journalists
  • Doctors or nurses
  • religious workers


On the other hand, let us remember that there are also non-immigrant visas for workers.

Some of the most common are the H-2A for temporary agricultural workers and the H-2B for temporary non-agricultural workers.

At One People Law, we have the most experience processing non-immigration visas. Our non-immigration visa attorneys in Miami Gardens will help you get your process approved as quickly as possible.

What to Keep in Mind When Applying for a NON-immigrant Visa?

First and foremost, we strongly advise you to seek appropriate advice to ensure your process goes smoothly. Our visa immigration lawyer in Miami Gardens can provide you with the guidance you need.

Remember that an immigration attorney can guide you and determine whether you can apply for the nonimmigrant visa you want or which one may be the most convenient for you.

On the other hand, always remember that when you make your visa application, the immigration authorities will carefully evaluate whether you meet all of the requirements.

One of the most critical aspects of these non-immigrant visas is that you can demonstrate that you have solid reasons to return to your country of origin, which is why you have no intention of staying in the United States.

In addition, it is essential to have all the documentation required for the application current, prepared, and ready, as well as to attend the necessary appointments punctually during your process. You can consult with our non-immigration visa lawyers in Opa Locka so that you get all the details when processing your visa.

The Role of a Lawyer to Obtain a Visa to Come to the United States

Many individuals find it beneficial to work with an immigration lawyer when applying for a visa. The process can be complex, and errors in the paperwork and forms required by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can lead to denials. An immigration lawyer can help you navigate these complexities, ensuring your application is error-free and increasing your chances of approval.

The application process and the fees you need to pay depend on the type of visa you are seeking. Your best option is to consult with our visa immigration attorneys in Opa Locka. These will give you the guidance you need.

If you are considering a visit or extended stay in the United States, we at One People Law are here to help you obtain the appropriate visa. Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to get the guidance you need.

Reach out to us at (954) 727-5585 today. Our Orlando business visa attorneys are always available for you.

Our services are available in English, Haitian Creole, Spanish, and Portuguese.


Select your desired One People Law Location Below and fill out the form

Google Reviews
Skip to content