One People Law

Schedule a Consultation Today!

Live your Dream of Studying at An American University

An F-1 student visa offers international students and their families the opportunity to live legally in the United States while studying at many different types of approved academic institutions. Some students may be eligible to work specific jobs while in the US on an F-1 visa. Applying for an F-1 visa can be a complex and daunting process, but you can navigate it with others. Our team of Top-Rated Students Visas Lawyer in Miami are here to guide you every step of the way. It ensuring that you meet all the requirements and submit a strong application.

Because an F-1 visa is a transitional nonimmigrant visa, applicants must show connections to their home country and an intention to return. Any indication that a student visa is being used fraudulently could cause authorities to reject the application. To avoid problems, many applicants for this visa hire an experienced Student Visa Lawyer in Miami to assist them in the application process or to represent them if an issue arises.

Our team of experienced immigration attorneys at One People Law are well-versed in helping applicants obtain visas and navigate the complex process. We understand the common pitfalls that can cause delays or denials and work diligently to ensure our clients achieve their goals.

E-2 Investor Visa Requirements

The most widely used student visa is the F-1 student visa for people seeking academic education in the US.

The M-1 vocational visa, on the other hand, is granted to individuals who come to participate in a full-time program at a recognised non-academic institution.

To obtain an F-1 or M-1 visa, the student must apply for and be accepted at one of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approved schools.

Upon acceptance, the school will issue a certified document (SEVIS form I-20), which, with the help of a Student Visa Lawyer in Hialeah, must be presented to the consular officer at the interview at the US Embassy, ​​along with all the other relevant documentation (for example, proof of ties to the country of origin) to obtain the coveted visa.

student visas attorney

J-1 Student Visa

The J-1 exchange visa is a unique opportunity for individuals to engage in intellectual and cultural exchanges with the United States. It’s not just for students but also for researchers, professors, non-academic specialists, doctors, international visitors, camp counsellors, nannies, and students on a summer trip/work program. This visa is designed to foster global understanding and collaboration, making it a valuable option for those seeking a unique educational or professional experience in the US.

Although widely granted, the J-1 visa sometimes comes with a two-year foreign residency requirement. Our team at Top-Rated Student Visa Lawyer Fort Lauderdale tells us that the two-year foreign residency requirement has some exceptions.

Whether the person’s program was funded by the U.S. Government or the country of the person’s last residence or international organization;
If the person works in a field designated as “scarce” in their country of origin,
When the person is a foreign medical graduate or has obtained medical training.

As a general rule, If the two-year foreign residency requirement applies, the J-1 visa holder and its derivatives cannot receive another visa or obtain permanent residence for two years following the end of their visa. J-1. Therefore, they will have to return to their country of origin during those two years.

Please note that, in particular circumstances, there are exemptions that can be requested and, if granted, may waive the two-year foreign residency requirement. Our Student Visa Lawyer in Miami Gardens will know how to help you navigate these intricate guidelines to obtain your exchange visa

Eligibility for An F-1 Visa

The F-1 visa is for students pursuing academic studies in the U.S. Students who wish to come to the U.S. to study through a non-academic vocational program apply for a different type of visa. Our team of Student Visa Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale tells us that to qualify for an F-1 visa, the applicant must – 

  • Live outside the U.S. and maintain meaningful ties with your home country
  • Speak English well or be enrolled in English courses.
  • Have proof of sufficient monetary support to pay for studies in the US.
  • Enroll as a full-time student.
  • Be accepted into a program at an academic institution approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Approved schools include not only colleges and universities but also primary and secondary schools, seminaries and other institutions.


Additionally, as stated above, the student applying for this visa must demonstrate connections to the home country that demonstrate the intention to return after completing studies.

Students must be able to demonstrate an ability to support themselves because there are minimal legal employment opportunities for individuals with an F-1 student visa. This process has many steps and can be complicated, which is why many students work with our Top-Rated Student Visa Lawyer in Hialeah.

The F-1 Visa Process

According to our Top-Rated Student Visa Lawyer in Miami Gardens, enrollment in a SEVP school begins by adding the student to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). The student will need to pay the SEVIS fee, and then the school will issue a Form I-20 confirming enrollment and eligibility for an F-1 visa. It is essential to keep a copy of this form.

The following steps in the process vary slightly depending on the rules of the local US embassy or consulate. Our Student Visa Lawyer in Opa Locka will be familiar with these procedures and willing to help you. Generally, a student must complete the detailed DS-160 form, pay the required fees, and schedule an interview at the embassy or consulate of their home country.

At the interview, immigration officials will review the application and supporting evidence and ask questions about that evidence. It is essential to answer the questions truthfully and completely.

Bring Your Family With You

Students on an F-1 visa can bring dependents to the United States while enrolled in a qualifying program. Eligible dependents include the student’s spouse and children. The student’s family may be eligible for F-2 visas, but this type of visa does not allow a person to work in the United States.

The F2 visa offers significant benefits. It allows spouses and children under 21 years of age of F1 visa holders to accompany the F1 student to the United States during their period of study. This gives them the opportunity to be together as a family while the F1 student pursues their academic program. F2 visa holders also have legal status to reside in the United States while the F1 student is enrolled and maintains their student status, allowing them to live and study in the country legally.

Children under 21 with F2 visas can attend primary and secondary school in the United States, giving them the opportunity to receive an education in the American educational system. F2 visa holders can access health services and medical care in the United States, including the ability to obtain health insurance to protect themselves in the event of illness or injury.

How Our Expert Students Visas Lawyer Helps You with the Process

The time window for a student applying for a student visa has recently been shortened. Therefore, it is essential to have the documentation and other requirements properly completed to avoid delays that could wreak havoc on your academic calendar. When you work with the top-rated Student Visa Lawyer in Opa Locka at One People Law, they will be able to help ensure that all requirements are completed.

At One People Law, our immigration attorneys help prospective students apply for their visas. We are proud to have helped numerous students through the immigration process, allowing them to pursue their educational goals. Studying in the United States and getting to know American culture first-hand can be a reality. Contact our student visa lawyers and schedule a consultation no

Reach out to us at (954) 727-5585 today. Our Orlando business visa attorneys are always available for you.

Our services are available in English, Haitian Creole, Spanish, and Portuguese.


Select your desired One People Law Location Below and fill out the form

Google Reviews
Skip to content